Friday, May 22, 2015

The Return of the Bus Guy

Early this week I decided I was going to walk to a bus stop slightly farther away. I was leaving earlier than usual and was glad to get more steps in on the longer walk. As I sat on the bench to wait for the bus this guy noticed me and came and sat on the other end and told me "I know your face from somewhere." I looked at him and immediately recognised the crazy bus guy that I had given my number to weeks before and had blocked from my phone. I just shook my head and said "I don't know" and returned to reading my book. Luckily some old woman sat between us and he chatted with her until he suddenly stood up in front of me and said "Yeah, you are that American girl!" Spitting out a quick "yep" I returned to my book again, hoping he would just leave me alone. Then the bus came and I knew he was going to try and chat with me. Unfortunately the bus was quite empty so it would be too obvious if I sat next to someone when there are so many empty seats. As I made my way to the back I found a single seat by itself where there would be no way for him to sit near me. He decided to sit behind me but stood up and tapped me to say "Hey, I'm really sorry for everything" right as the bus started to move. Naturally I said "no worries" and promptly returned to my book and he returned to his seat.

He didn't do anything but make me extremely uncomfortable. I now know that he must live closer to me than I thought so I am more motivated than ever to avoid that bus station and get a car as quickly as possible. He isn't creepy enough that I think he would stalk me, but the experience I had was uncomfortable and awkward enough that I would prefer to avoid future chance meetings as much as possible. Again, the moral of the story is to never give your number out to random people you have a small conversations with on the bus. I would even say just avoid chatting to people on the bus in general. It's a great time to read books anyway.

As for other less crazy events. Shade got stung by his first bee. Poor thing saw one crawling around and tried to eat it. I knew he got stung as he yelped and ran inside, but we didn't discover until a day or two later that the stinger was stuck in his chin. I had felt something, but just thought it was a sore. Surprisingly he didn't swell up or anything. We also discovered that he can return from our neighbor's back patio. He's decided that our back patio is too boring so has gotten into the bad habit of quickly jumping into our neighbour's area before we can catch him. Matt usually jumps over the fence to get him, but he was on the phone with his Mom. Figuring Shade couldn't go anywhere I just left him there waiting for Matt to get off the phone. As Matt opened the back door to go get him, Shade walked inside. Apparently he figured out how to get back over the fence, but I think he hurt himself in the process. He kept licking his paws. Silly cat. We can't let him wander so we will have to find a way of preventing him from going into other's back patios, but I'm glad he can at least get back on his own as well.

Matt had a weird virus/bacteria/food poisoning issue that we never figured out what was wrong. Saturday he went to an AFL game with Brock and ate a bunch of junk then Sunday his stomach was funny which progressed to a lot of pain and discomfort. It didn't start getting better until yesterday. He missed a couple of days of work from it and he tried loads of things to help including a laxative, an antacid, antiviral/antibacterial and anti fungal stuff, other supplements, and a garlic foot bath. Some things helped calm it temporarily, but the issue did not go away. We hope this was a temporary thing and not early signs of something worse like Crohn's disease. Only time will tell. It sucks that someone who actively works at being healthy can have something like that happen.

Now for the most exciting news: Matt and I were invited to apply for permanent residency in Australia yesterday! Getting invited was the hardest part! Once invited and we start the application there is a very small likelihood we will get denied, and we will receive a bridging visa as well. This means that even if my current visa expires we can stay in the country until we have a response from our PR visa. Once applied though we should know pretty quickly so we should be permanent residents before September! I just learned that they may have changed the pricing though so it may cost $7000 instead of the $5000 that we had thought. This is really going to push our budget limit. It's a blessing that Matt just got another side job and that I have work as well. We wouldn't have been able to do this visa otherwise.

Not much else going on other than Young Women's is still awesome and I have a great counsellor who keeps me functioning. Matt has completely finished painting our townhouse. My job is still good and I'm learning and remembering more, but I still get annoyed with myself for the little things I constantly forget. I have yet to find a psychologist, but I may be able to do Skype sessions with one in Utah. Matt gave me a blessing last Sunday, which helped me find new hope that I can overcome my trials and be stronger for it. For the most part, I think life is good. I just finished all of the Maze Runner series and started the Paper Magician series. The Maze Runner series is the closest I will probably ever get to zombie literature. I really liked the last book and was pleased with the end. It will be interesting to see the movies.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this week, but sometimes you will just have to imagine things for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment