Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby Steps

This week has been interesting! Sunday I found out Matt's brother Mike went to New York to rescue his sister Kendra from a horrible living situation that was basically killing her. She was taking care of 8 kids on her own - enough said. On Monday I had finally received my confirmation of enrollment for Macquarie so I could finally get my Visa! I immediately completed my application for my Visa only to find that I was required to do a medical and chest x-ray exam. Well unfortunately they only allow you to go to specific authorized clinics and the Portland one was booked for 2-3 weeks. Luckily I called the next nearest one in Seattle, WA and they could get me an appointment on Wednesday. That was the same day we scheduled the cat to get castrated so luckily Matt was able to drop him off and pick him up. I had to borrow my mother-in-laws car and got my friend Cassie to go with me and we headed out at 5 AM on Wed. morning. It was a nice drive the whole way and Cassie and I got to do a lot of catching up. When we got there I found out that I was really lucky to get an appointment because the doctor had come back early from vacation and was only doing immigrations that day - LUCKY ME! I felt the Lord had definitely made that work out. Afterwards it was gorgeous and sunny in Seattle so Cassie and I were able to eat lunch and wander a bit before heading home. Later was funny because some guy was flashing me and I thought "Oh, there must be a cop," but he kept flashing me so as I slowed down and let him pass me I realized my lights weren't on! Oops! As we got back I had to meet up with Matt for a Dave Ramsey class on how to obtain "Financial Peace" and I made just after the video had started. Perfect! I was really tired, but the class was awesome! Our first "Baby Step" is to get $1000 in the bank as an emergency savings fund. We are supposed to do it as soon as possible, and I think we will actually be able to do it pretty soon! This will be a huge leap of faith as we try to prepare and pay for everything for Australia, but I feel we are doing everything we should be doing.

Thursday Matt and I went to the Eugene Symphony! To be honest, we were kind of bored and sleepy so at intermission time we decided to head out. Apparently I'm just not a big symphony person! Friday we didn't really do much and I can't even remember anything we did that day so it must have been really insignificant. Saturday was fun as Kristen Larson, Jenna Dilts, and I had a girl's movie day! We had waffles for a late breakfast and then watched the Pink Bible Pride & Prejudice and Everything You Want, then a short intermission for paninis and popcorn. Next was Made of Honor, and then PS I Love You to finish it off! It was a great low key day! Matt's sister Lindsey came over with her daughter Amelia and we made plans to go visit Kendra the next day. Sunday was funny though as I was getting ready for church and Matt comes in to tell me that we don't need to worry about the fish anymore. He showed me the broken vase with no water  and no fish in sight! Later we discovered he hadn't eaten it, but lost it under the fridge and had finally recovered it. Poor beta, but to be honest I hated that fish just because he wouldn't eat! It's amazing he lasted so long (Dec 2011). After church we went to Salem to visit Mike, Holly, their baby Danny, and Kendra. It was a lot of fun, and I was glad to finally meet Kendra! It ended up being a really spiritual experience and I learned a lot more about Matt's family. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life!

2 comments:

  1. LOl, you didn't tell me about the fish. I can't believe I made that long journey up to organ with him, survived the first death scare at Matt's Mom's house and all that time around Odine the whole time being hated. He was a tuff little guy, but in the end... Odine won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... I meant Oregon not organ

    ReplyDelete