Friday, May 16, 2014

All about Mothers

Last week I got my pixel skin treatment again which was really painful this time. After a few days the dead skin finally came off and now I'm getting all kinds of comments about how great my skin looks! I'm just hoping I can keep it that way! 

Day after treatment

A few days later

Sunday and Monday was all about Mother's! Sunday morning I made myself ebelskivers! Yumm! That night we had four of the sister missionaries over for dinner and so Sister Lowe could call her mom for Mother's Day! The next day I had them come back so the American sisters could call their mothers. We had a french toast breakfast and then I got them set up on our two computers with Skype. The elders called me because their plans fell through for calling home. Since Matt wasn't home they had to bring another male, but luckily it all worked out. We played games like Monopoly Deal and Sequence while waiting for the others to finish. It was a long day and they weren't all gone until after 2pm, but in the end all went well. I still feel bad some didn't get on as early as they had hoped and missed some of their family, but I suppose something is better than nothing. They come here because I have we have two computers with Skype and FaceTime and I have an account that lets them call phone numbers in the US. I was exhausted by the end, but it was nice to spend time with them. 

Sister Lowe - from Victoria

Sister K - from Utah

Chris building a card fortress

Later in the week I had to go to the zoo again to pick up SD cards (every 5 days). I must say there could be a lot of harder things I could have to do, and the view is always amazing!


View from the train of Luna park

This week I finally finished listening to my original two days of audio I recorded in March! Needless to say I need to spend more time on good quality recordings than the terrible stuff. I also had a fun time listening to some flapping noises which we discovered were bats! Apparently they like the tree in the tiger enclosure. 

Another much smaller accomplishment this week was that I have finished the last season of How I Met Your Mother. It seems there was a mother theme going on all week. I was a little surprised by the finale, but I wouldn't say it didn't end well. 

Just a couple of other tidbits of the week...Matt spent yesterday at the movie set again and was luckily in the perfect spot for getting some screen time. He still hasn't done any of the archery yet so hopefully they will let him know soon. So far his enthusiasm on the project has plummeted as you spend hours doing nothing, it's not that great of pay, and he hates the spray tans. Needless to say he is not likely to do much "extra" work in the future. 

I also had the unfortunate business of breaking our crock pot. We store it on top of our cupboards (I know its a terrible place) and when I tried to take it down the lid slid off, hit me in the head, then shattered on the ground. Shade was very enthusiastic about investigating so I had to lock him in the upstairs bathroom while I cleaned up. It took a while because there was glass everywhere! I'm just glad I was wearing slippers when it happened. 




Theres a little bit more that happened recently, but I think I'll have a separate blog just for that. Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment